Warehouse Asst. Manager
Location: Brea, CA 92821
The Warehouse Assistant Manager will provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services. The role will be responsible for supervising staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing inventory management or in inventory, purchasing, logistics management required
- BA or higher degree preferred
- SAP experience, 1 year preferred
- CPIM or CSCP 1 year preferred
- Bilingual; English-Korean or English-Spanish
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent managing processes
- Strong supervision skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding and ability to manage risk in operation
- Leadership and mentoring skill
Email resume to Mary at: firstname.lastname@example.org