Top notch state-of-the-art manufacturing company in Brea is looking for a Junior Buyer to join their team.
Handles the purchasing of mechanical, electro-mechanical, and fabricated (raw and semi-finished materials) components used in the manufacturing of industrial sheet metal fabricating equipment. Responsible to maintain accurate inventory of required components. Mange and adjust supplier lead times. Sends quotation request and analyzes orders as needed to ensure timely delivery of goods and services. Resolves all discrepancies between vendor invoicing and purchase orders. Coordinates the return of goods to the vendor when necessary. Creates PO’s and enters transactions in ERP system. Maintains records and files.
- Review production schedule and place orders to ensure material availability for Production Departments
- Communicate any problems or issues in material availability
- Continuously seek opportunities for cost savings
- Research and source new potential suppliers of goods and services as needed.
- Obtain quotes from vendors to determine the best pricing and delivery to meet company needs.
- Prepare Purchase Orders.
- Assist in resolution of any discrepancy’s suppliers, Production and Accounting necessary.
- Maintain departmental records and files.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Monthly reporting of supplier on-time delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare special reports, as needed.
- Participate in physical inventory and cycle counts.
- May run local errands.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- 2-4 years previous experience in a Purchasing capacity, Inventory Control or equivalent.
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Previous experience working with Raw Material (structural steel, plate, sheet metal), Machine Shops, Welding Shops as plus.
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge and experience with SAP a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must.
- Bilingual English/Japanese (a plus)
To Apply: Email your resume for consideration to Norma Portillo at email@example.com
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California, we offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 20,000 jobs!