Expanding ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified manufacturing company has immediate need for an experiencedMechanical Project Engineer for the new facility located in Phoenix, AZ. Great opportunity to join an established company in a brand new building. Permanent full time position with great benefits!
Overview: In thisimportant role, you will provide design engineering and project management for airborne and industrial sensor products.
Key Functions include design, product development, project management, customer technical support and regulatory compliance.
- 3D-Design of electro-mechanical &MEMS type piezoresistive switches, sensors, transmitters (for airborne/ industrial fluid power/ pneumatic equipment systems)
- Provide Engineering Change Order and Engineering Change Requests for existing sensors, castings, parts, and accessories.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers and Machine Shop to confirm customer requirements are being met.
Prototyping and testing to verify the operational performance of new or improved designs
Participate in customer design reviews
Create detailed 3d parts, part drawings, and assemblies for new designs using Solidworks or similar 3D software.
Prepare technical reports and other documents as needed
- BSME, BSAE or equivalent technical degree
- 3+years’ experience in design engineering of mechanical or electro-mechanical products
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar software.
- Familiar with ANSI Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Knowledge Force, Pressure, Stress Analysis, FMEA, and Design of Experiments
- Experience with test software either: Labview or MatLab
- Experience in designing pressure switches, sensors, valves or actuators is a plus
- Mechanical skills using small hand tools or machining equipment is a plus