A manufacturer and leader in the aerospace industry, is currently seeking an experienced Tool and Die Machinist to join their team. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an industry leader, then this opportunity is for you!
Hours: 2nd Shift - 2:15PM - 10:45PM
Salary: $23.00 - $27.00 per hour DOE
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Sets-up and operates Jig Bore mills by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, and stops using appropriate gauges and fixtures to check and assure all work and dimensional specs are met.
- Sets-up and operates dynamic balancing machine by installing and adjusting centers, belt, drives, controls to perform precision balancing of rotating shaft and gear/ shaft components.
- Assemble a variety of subassemblies, standard and special products by mechanically aligning components, bolting, riveting and pining pre-machined and prefabricated parts and assemblies through assembly blueprints in accordance with industry standards, company policy and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience with tool calculation and design experience
- Performs basic maintenance on machines and parts when necessary.
- 5+ years of hands on experience operating and setting-up manual machinist equipment.
- Demonstrated accurate fitting, aligning and adjusting required to very close tolerances or precision fits subject to strict inspection.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to standards and defined processes.
- Uses commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines.
- Reads, interprets, understands and works from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
- Determines number of cuts required, and method of setup; while utilizing a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
To Apply: Submit an updated copy of your resume for consideration.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in the related field, though prefer candidate who has 5+ years of experience in the related filed.
- Must be able to set up and operate manual mills efficiently.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Aerospace experience is preferred.
- Experience with close tolerance and high quality work. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods.
- Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments.
- Strong basic math skills.
About Kimco:With 30 years of award winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 22,000 jobs.
Keywords: Tool and Die, Tool, Die, machinist, conventional, set up, jig bore, mill, manual