Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician performs routine daily maintenance activities for the facility and scheduled preventative maintenance on the processing equipment. Troubleshoots mechanical failures, recommends corrective action and carries out the necessary repairs in a timely manner to restore equipment and operational status. Adheres to all facility safety programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs routine daily maintenance activities for the facility and scheduled preventative maintenance on the processing equipment as directed by the Supervisor
· Identifies problems, collects data, draws valid conclusions, recommends corrective action and carries out necessary repairs in a timely manner to restore equipment to operational status
· Identifies the materials needed, obtains pricing information, completes purchase orders and with the Supervisor’s approval, orders materials needed
· Interfaces with operations personnel regarding work orders and outside contractors, as necessary
· Adheres to all facility safety programs
· Assists with other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Language, mathematical and reasoning skills necessary to compute complex measurements and read and comprehend detailed instructions and electrical/mechanical drawings
· Five (5) years of maintenance experience in a processing/manufacturing environment preferred
· Specific areas of knowledge include:
· Knowledge of 480 volt 3 Phase power
· Ability to read and interpret ladder logic and electrical diagrams
· Electric motor control troubleshooting
· Repair and troubleshooting of mechanical systems
· Ability to operate welding equipment and a cutting torch
· Knowledge of hand and power tools and their safe use
· Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds
· Must be medically approved for respirator use (EO)
· Must be able to tolerate exposure to high temperatures and high humidity (120F and 60% RH for 20 minutes) (EO)
Must complete all required training for a “Maintenance Technician” outlined in the training manual.
Great temp to hire opportunity for the right candidate.
Hours M-F 7 AM- 3:30 PM plus Overtime and on call as needed and on cal for critical repairs.
Pay Rate: $15-$18 per hour depending on experience.
Please call Leslie at 562-946-2616 to apply NOW or email your resume for consideration to Lramirez@kimco.com in MS Word format.
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California,
we offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing.