Under the direction of the Quality Manager, inspects incoming materials against color standards. Performs visual inspection of incoming materials. Verifies that materials are free of defects. Completes quality reports. Identifies and segregates non-conforming materials.
· Inspects incoming materials against color standards.
· Verifies that product is free of visual defects.
· Interprets basic component drawings.
· Performs some dimensional inspection of incoming product according to drawings and inspection plans.
· Completes quality inspection reports including non-conforming material reports.
· Notifies the production supervisor of quality issues and non-conformances.
· Identifies and segregates non-conforming material.
· Performs housekeeping activities in the production area.
· Adheres to and promotes all company safety rules and requirements.
· Knowledge of measurements with basic measuring tools such as tape measurement, rulers and calipers.
· Good verbal and written communication in English.
· Capable of lifting up to 30 pounds with or without assistance
· Continuous use of both hands.
· Work standing most of the time.
· Ability to pass a near distance vision and color test upon hire and every year thereafter.
i. Near Distance Vision Requirements: Natural or corrected near distance acuity in at least one eye capable of reading the Jaeger #1 Test Chart or equivalent at a distance of 12 inches or greater.
ii. Color Vision Requirements: Ability to differentiate among colors used in the visual inspection color palette and pass the Ishihara plates test without any signs of Monochromacy, Dichromacy, or Anomalous Trichromacy.
Require face, foot, eye, hand, and/or hearing protection while on shop floor and any other required PPE