SANTA ANA, CA
Come work for a leader and innovator in high-accuracy measurement products since 1955. The Quality Supervisor promotes, develops, and oversees compliance of the company quality system. Effectively assuring compliance of customer requirements by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, ISO and AS9100 programs, and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement.
· Ensures compliance with the customer requirements, quality policy, company standards, regulatory and external standards.
· Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
· Develops and implements the Quality led APQP activities specified within company process to assure quality from concept to production.
· Effectively interacts with Production and PURCHASING teams to maintain product supply and introduction of new products.
· Works directly with suppliers to ensure compliance of supplied materials.
· Works directly with customers to support quality requirements.
· Works with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for external suppliers.
· Writes technical and management systems reports.
· Brings together staff of different disciplines and drives the group to plan, formulate, and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
· Manages and maintains the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
· Sets Quality compliance objectives and ensures that targets are achieved.
· Assesses the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
· Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
· Develops policies and procedures to ensure quality product.
· Facilitates analysis and coordinates activities related to process/system improvement projects.
· Communicates with other managers to coordinate operations and activities.
· Determines staffing requirements to meet quality and delivery expectations.
· Maintains operations data and prepares productivity/quality reports for management.
· Directs and coordinates the activities of team engaged in quality functions – including inspection, analysis, and training.
· Makes final determinations or dispositions related to non-conforming materials.
· Monitors indicators related to ensuring employees conform to production or processing standards.
· Implements measures to improve inspection methods, equipment/tool performance, product quality, efficiency, and morale.
· Position Title Quality Supervisor Department(s) Quality· Direct Report(s)
· Supervisor, Team Leaders,
· Facilitates preparation and delivery of effective performance reviews.
· Communicates with employees and/or management to address employee suggestions or problems.
· Develops departmental budget and manages costs.
· Generates requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services based on planned needs.
· May be asked on occasion to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency or not related to this classification.
Set the example by actively contributing to department and company goals.
· Clarify expectations and seek additional training as needed.
· Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives. Be aware of current quality levels versus target levels.
· Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality, and productivity.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
· EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum Associate degree required in related field
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in manufacturing with supervisory experience
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
· Demonstrates time management skills.
· Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
· Ability to lead, motivates, coach, and teaches others.
3-5 years statistics, Six Sigma or other analysis experience preferred
Email resume in MS Word to: firstname.lastname@example.org