Under the direction of the Quality Supervisor, performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products and components to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Applying advanced experience and knowledge with procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to record statistical data, analyze data, and write summaries to validate or show deviations from standards. Will resolve routine and semi-complex questions and problems.
· Inspects incoming materials against color standards.
· Verifies that product is free of visual defects.
· Interprets engineering blueprints and drawings.
· Performs dimensional inspection of incoming product according to drawings and inspection plans.
· Completes quality inspection reports including non-conforming material reports.
· Performs 1st Article inspection.
· Notifies the production supervisor of quality issues and non-conformances.
· Identifies and segregates non-conforming material.
· Performs housekeeping activities in the production area.
· Adheres to and promotes all company safety rules and requirements.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
· 3-5 years’ experience as Quality Inspector
· Experience reading blueprints
· Knowledge of measurements and precision measuring tools
· Basic computer skills (Word and Excel)
· Proficient in English; read, write and speak
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Ability to read and interpret Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)