LAB TEST TECHNICIAN
TEMP TO POSSIBLE HIRE
LOCATION: SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
Test techncian will be responsible for performing basic tests in a test lab. Entering data into database, generating reports from the database. Will retain and organize benchmarking samples,benchmarking Library, and coordinate benchmarking activities with Engineering and Sales. Benchmarking data includes but is not limited to test data, teardown information, cost estimates etc.
Will also perform other laboratory tests according to established protocols to support new product development, sustaining, product quality and sales activities. Will provide production troubleshooting and failure analysis of customer returned products. Responsible for conducting performance, material, environmental, and chemical tests on various plumbing products, including data collection, data analysis, and reporting of test results. Personnel in this position work independently under moderate supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tests according to established test protocols.
- Performs basic data analysis.
- Responsible for completion of tests according to assigned schedule.
- Provides comprehensive test reports and ensures technical accuracy of provided test data.
- Able to interpret procedures and industry test standards.
- Capable of identifying equipment issues to prevent capturing of invalid data.
- Responsible for laboratory organization and cleanliness.
- Interface with suppliers, collecting samples
- High School graduate or equivalent, or demonstrated ability through practical experience to perform technical responsibilities required in this position.
- Minimum of three year’s experience with testing consumer and/or commercial plumbing-related products including knowledge of chemical testing
- Motivated self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with excellent observational skills
- Understands the scientific method and test processes.
- Understands engineering principles of mechanical and fluid testing.
- Must have superb organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with a wide variety of disciplines.
- Must be very proficient with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access a plus.
- Must be proficient in, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and data acquisition software.
Email resume in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org