LAB QUALITY TEST TECHNICIAN
TEMP TO POSSIBLE HIRE
LOCATION: SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
Test techncian will be responsible for performing benchmarking tests according to established protocols, maintaining Benchmarking Database, generating reports from the database, retaining and organizing benchmarking samples, organizing and maintaining the Benchmarking Library, and coordinating benchmarking activities with Engineering and Sales. Benchmarking data includes but is not limited to test data, teardown information, cost estimates etc.
Will also perform other laboratory tests according to established protocols to support new product development, sustaining, product quality and sales activities. Will provide production troubleshooting and failure analysis of customer returned products. Responsible for conducting performance, material, environmental, and chemical tests on various plumbing products, including data collection, data analysis, and reporting of test results. Personnel in this position work independently under moderate supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tests according to established test protocols.
- Performs basic data analysis.
- Responsible for completion of tests according to assigned schedule.
- Provides comprehensive test reports and ensures technical accuracy of provided test data.
- Maintains the Benchmarking Database by updating it with all benchmarking data from internal and external sources
- Organizes and maintains the Benchmarking Library
- Publishes and maintains reports, charts, graphs etc. from benchmarking data per established protocols or specific requests
- Coordinates benchmarking activities with Engineering and Sales.
- Communicates test results to appropriate personnel.
- Follows protocol for storage of test reports on database so that data can be readily retrieved for evaluation and analysis.
- Is able to interpret procedures and industry test standards.
- Capable of identifying equipment issues to prevent capturing of invalid data.
- Responsible for laboratory organization and cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent, or demonstrated ability through practical experience to perform technical responsibilities required in this position.
- Minimum of three year’s experience with increasing levels of responsibility in testing consumer and/or commercial plumbing-related products including knowledge of chemical testing, high pressure destructive testing, cycle testing, normal operations testing, mechanical properties testing and agency code approvals.
- Motivated self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with excellent observational skills
- Understands the scientific method and test processes.
- Understands engineering principles of mechanical and fluid testing.
- Must have superb organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with a wide variety of disciplines.
- Must be very proficient with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Access a plus.
- Must be proficient in, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and data acquisition software.
About Kimco:"With over 25 years of award winning service in the California market, Kimco Staffing specializes in office professionals, accounting operation, technical staffing, medical staffing, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled over 22,000 positions."