JUNIOR BUYER 1 (Contract) - 6 Month Assignment
MIRAMAR AREA OF SAN DIEGO
Come work for an established wellness company. Job will coordinate procurement and distribution of materials, software, equipment, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties. It involves purchase planning, standard determination, suppliers research and selection, value analysis, purchasing, supply contract administration, stores and disposals, and inventory control, monthly accrual reporting.
· Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
· Issue and monitor general office purchasing requisitions for all company purchases including IT commodities and services and general office supplies. Maintain neat and orderly vendor files, price lists, specification sheets and catalogs.
· Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
· Establish and maintain relationships by continually evaluating each vendor's performance, service, product quality and value.
· Review and/or negotiate software, service and support contracts.
· Develop relationships with functional groups to better understand how to satisfy their procurement needs. Provide procurement planning to assist projects in analyzing cost and schedule alternatives with respect to procurement activities. Items involved may be supplier sources, lead times required for delivery.
· Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed. Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
· Implements purchase contracts that comply with company policy and procedures.
· Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
· Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
· Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) to two (2) years job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
Microsoft Office and general Microsoft Excel skills.