Seeking Test Technician Manufacturer of computer boards
Industry leader in the design and manufacture of Single Board Computers (SBC) for VME, CompactPCI and custom form factors for the embedded Real-Time markets.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday -Friday overtime if necessary
A + (Plus) certification are a plus.
Conducts variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reads test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used
· Tests functional performance of products, subassemblies, and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature change
· Connects unit to be tested to test equipment
· Reads monitor that indicates electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance
· Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure
· Recommends replacement of defective wiring and/or components and records defects on traveler attached to unit and returns unit to production department for repair
· Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems
· Verifies dimensions of pins, shafts, and other mechanical parts
· Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units
· Programs components for product
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· AA degree in electronics required or degree/training and equivalent years of experience
· 2 years of experience in testing and troubleshooting computer boards preferred
· Working experience in testing and understanding of Microprocessors and Digital circuitry with a strong knowledge of hardware and software with microprocessor
· Familiar with computer software functionality such as BIOS, EEPROM, programmable devices, etc. Basic familiarity with operating systems (Windows, DOS)
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.com
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.