Great distribution company has an immediate need for an Outbound Logistics Coordinator.
The starting pay is $15.00 to $18.00 per hour DOE
Monday -Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Job duties and responsibilities.
Need someone with experience shipping international orders. The minimum experience we need is someone that knows how to prepare labels, commercial invoices, SLI’s (shippers letter of instructions). He/she will be processing small package shipments via common carriers like Fed Ex. He/she will also process orders via freight forwarders so they need to know how to complete the necessary documentation associated with those types of movements, which is generally commercial invoices and SLI’s. The individual also needs to know how to use the shipping programs associated with Fed Ex, UPS, or DHL.
The other experience we need is someone that has worked processing palletized orders. By processing we mean, the individual will be working with freight carriers, like Fed Ex Freight, Old Dominion, UPS Freight, etc. He/she will be scheduling pickups, and preparing BOL’s; they needs to know how to determine freight Class and determine if an order will travel in a full truckload or LTL (less-than-truckload).
Ideally we need a candidate with at least 2 years experience.
The Outbound Logistics Coordinator is primarily responsible for processing domestic and international LTL and FTL shipments, as well as small package export shipments.
· Process shipment documents including commercial invoice, packing list, bill of lading, shipping labels, SLI’s, and other shipping documents as needed
· Coordinate and schedule shipments with freight forwarders, LTL, FTL, and international air and ground carriers
· Communication (via phone, email, and written inquires) with freight carriers, sales reps, other team members and departments including order processing and warehouse
· Provide freight quotes to internal team members
· Review daily shipment reports, and take appropriate action
· Review and adhere to customer routing guides to ensure compliance
· Process shipping labels and export documentation using common small carrier shipping programs or online systems (Fed Ex, DHL, UPS)
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent Communication Skills, both verbally and in writing
· Strong customer service skills, decision making and analytical abilities
· Solid attention to detail, organizational, and listening skills
· Punctual, with strong work ethic and positive attitude
· Strong Computer skills, proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Experienced with AES submission to U.S Customs
· Must be able to multitask and work independently
· Highly responsive
· Degree: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years relevant experience (preferably in logistics)
· Knowledge of international export shipping a must
Submit resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.