Immediate opportunity for experienced Controls/PLC Technician to join our growing team in our Perris distribution center!
Positions available on 1st & 2nd shift
Troubleshoot, maintain and enhance the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems.
Effectively utilize building management system’s interface tools and equipment to achieve efficiency.
Communicate and partner with internal engineering staff and equipment vendors.
• Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot and perform basic design of PLC logic, operator interface terminal, energy management systems and electrical installations.
• Statistically interpret and improve automated system’s performance parameters, at macro/micro level.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance for controls and systematize electrical/control parts inventory.
• Coordinate with vendors, installation of electrical or controls; as instructed.
• Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, time sheets, parts requests.
• Check on parts procedure and inventory control
•PLC Skills: Familiarity with RS Logix 500 and RS Logix 5000 instruction set and intermediate proficiency in writing logic.
• Ability to use Relay Ladder Logic or Functional Block Diagram Editor
• Possess a functional understanding of configuring closed loop control utilizing PIDE in FBD Editor
Fieldbus Network Skills: Familiarity with design and implementation (hardware and software) for the following networks:
• Universal Remote (I/O) Network
• Sercos Interface
Additional Special Skills Required:
Functional knowledge in configuring instrumentation, referring to manufacturer documentation.
Strong ability to read manuals and understand functionality of instrumentation and use of configuring software.
Functional (intermediate) understanding of electrical circuits, in reference to industrial automation.
Familiarity with current National Electrical Code (NEC).
Ability to read electrical schematics.
Ability to use process meter and operate oscilloscope.
Functional familiarity with HVAC principles for Building Management Systems (BMS).
Knowledgeable in the assembly of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, robotic operation and vision systems and the ability to assemble new equipment; and modify existing manufacturing equipment.
Connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security and communications.
Understanding of 3 phase distribution and 3 phase power transmission system.
Firm grasp on testing 3 phase related equipment 480v and below.
Energy management (BMS) software and hardware familiarity.
Clear understanding of power systems grounding and safe grounding practices.
Familiarity with Motor Control Center (MCC)
Understanding of Arc Flash Hazard.
Familiarity: electrical construction and configuration (hardware/software) of basic electrical components used in automation systems: Solenoids – Beacons – Proximity Switches, etc.
Understanding of PLC Hardware: Pico Controllers, MicroLogix 1500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix and SLC 500 systems. 1794 Flex I/O system.
Familiarity would be a plus with: WAGO-I/O System, Siemens Simatic Step 7, Controller Area Network (CAN), B&R X67 I/O system.
Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as scheduled.
Exhibit the ability to work independently, safely and with limited supervision.
Must place the utmost importance on working safely, and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times
Send resume for immediate consideration.