Provides HR support in areas such as recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, training, development, orientation, data administration and documentation, talent management, HR compliance, and other related activities.
Policy, Procedure and Process Administration:
• Drive strong employee relations through frequent and clear communications, clarity of expectations, and promoting positive relationships among management and employees.
• Interfaces and communicates with employees regarding basic HR policies and procedures.
• Assists employees and managers with routine HR questions and employee relation issues.
• Ensures worked performed is in compliance with all HR regulatory requirements.
• Must be able to interpret and provide guidance regarding federal, state, and local employment laws/policy.
• Performs benefit administration within policy and regulatory compliance including assisting with general benefit inquiries and online enrollment, claims resolution, collection of required documents, invoicing and payroll adjustments, and communication.
• Coordinates with payroll for pay and deduction related issues.
Unemployment, Leave and Employment Exit Administration:
• Responds to inquiries from third party vendors such as disability, unemployment, leave of absence, etc.
• Attends unemployment hearings as required.
• Coordinates leaves of absences, tracking of time off and points (if applicable), and other related functions.
• Administers off-boarding activities including exit interviews, user change requests, and collection of company property.
Systems Support and Administration:
• Assists employees with the use of HR systems such as the Self-Service Portal and Talent Management System.
• Manages HRIS data and interface integrity within compliance including timely and accurate data entry of new hires, terminations, and other changes, as well as running reports and performing necessary audits.
Safety & Worker’s Compensation:
• Support EH&S officer in the implementation of safety initiatives and requirements.
• Administer worker’s compensation process related to medical treatment, cost control and claim adjustor communication.
• Proactively support safety concerns and issues through collaboration with EH&S and operations.
• Ensure proper safety training is provided to new hires and support monthly training initiatives provided by EH&S officers.
Recruiting and On-Boarding:
• Carries out recruiting processes such as scheduling of interviews, follow-ups, maintenance of applicant tracking system, keeping managers updated, etc.
• Administers onboarding activities including new hire orientation, collection of paperwork, and pre-employment screenings.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college in business or a related area or equivalent years of relative industry experience. PHR certification preferred.
Two -Three years of professional experience in the HR field or a related area; manufacturing environment preferred.
• Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures and able to rely on
experience and knowledge to perform the functions of the job.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of employment law, recruiting practices, benefits,
FMLA, ADA, EEO, related industry trends and new
developments, and state and federal statues regulating human resources functions.
• Problem solving skills.
• Computer literate in all Microsoft and Outlook programs.
• Experience with using and managing HRIS software and systems, preferably ADP systems.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities timely and efficiently within a rapidly
• Excellent verbal, written, and interactive communication skills with all levels of employees, management, and business partners.
How to apply: Please submit your resume in a Word format.
With 30 years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 22,000 jobs.