Office Assistant Opening in Orange County
Seeking a Office Assistant for the corporate office of a company in Newport Beach, CA by performing reception responsibilities and various administrative duties which support the employee team.
The primary attention of this role is to answer and direct all inbound phone calls. Additionally, the person in this position is responsible for greeting all guests when they arrive at our headquarters office.
- Support and manage all incoming calls, ensuring that each caller receives high levels of care. Screen callers to the internal resource and/or occasionally transfer directly to our voicemail system when appropriate in a courteous and diplomatic way.
- Manage and welcome all walk-in guests to our headquarters location to leave them feeling welcome. Announce guests to the person they have come to see. If meeting in the conference room, walking guest down to conference room and offering them water or coffee.
- Perform other helpful activities or responsibilities as directed from time to time
- Assist with the management and coordination of any conference room meetings.
- Daily management of all company mail including opening, date stamping, sorting and distribution.
- Send out any name change or address change notices.
- Distribute faxes as they are received throughout the day. Send outbound faxes as requested.
- Deposit checks with desktop deposit scanner and provide accounting with check copies and remittance advices.
- Review outbound mail for accuracy; Sort and stuff envelopes.
- Keep track of employees who drive their own vehicles on company business to make sure they’ve provided current proof of insurance; maintain the list and keep it current.
- Assist with managing all vehicle tracking information and vehicle maintenance information for vehicles owned by the company, including Proof of Insurance Certificates for all locations.
- Assist with arranging lunches or coffee, snacks, etc. for Board meetings, Audit meetings, Shareholders meetings or other large meetings.
- Clean up conference rooms as needed after all meetings.
- Update internal phone extension list and employee list on SharePoint as needed.
- Oversee the card program to ensure that cards are initiated, signed by all office personnel, and sent when appropriate for birthday greetings, thank you notes, condolences, or similar.
- Schedule paper shredder service for pick up when appropriate.
- Aid Executive Assistant with meeting planning (Office Meetings, Companywide Annual Meeting, Customer/Vendor Meetings, Industry Meetings, etc.).
- Perform filing as needed.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining office supplies by working with the Executive Assistant.
- Receive and sign for deliveries and help coordinate outgoing packages.
- Set all thermostats to automatically go off in the evenings and on the weekends.
- End of day responsibilities: Lock the vault and set phone system to “away”; Check the kitchen for tidiness and clean any unwashed dishes; Wash coffeepot.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- High School diploma or comparable work experience desired.
- Knowledge of phone systems
- Experience in customer service, and professional phone etiquette is desirable.
- Strong people skills, teamwork, organizational skills and time management competency are required.
- The person should be self-motivated, task-oriented, dependable, responsible and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products is desirable.
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California, we offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 20,000 jobs!