We are currently hiring a Material Handler for our client in La Mirada.
Receives, stocks, and takes inventory of raw materials and parts for machines produced by our client
Distributes parts to all production departments at the La Mirada manufacturing facility.
· Interpret shipping documents to identify and count items.
· Sign and submit shipping documents such as packing slips and bills of lading to logistics leads, supervisors, and purchasing staff.
· Arrange parts on carts or pallets for transport to locations within and outside of manufacturing facility.
· Document transport of materials in manufacturing facility by checking off parts lists, entering parts information into database, and completing job time cards.
· Report damaged, defective, unidentified, and obsolete parts to logistics supervisors and managers.
· Organize and clean warehouse, receiving, and shipping areas to facilitate the location, identification, and transport of items.
· Perform other functions as specified by Production Control management.
· Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment by actively participating in company safety programs.
· Comply with all aspects of the corporate environmental, health and safety program.
· Perform basic math operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Speak and write English language at high school level or better.
· Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, internet browsers, and smartphones.
· Able to understand and complete job orders with moderate supervision.
· Safely operate forklift and crane to transport materials.
· Learn logistics processes in order to solve problems and multitask with limited supervision.
· Knowledge of ISO 9001 (2008).
· Able to follow 5s standards.
· Working knowledge of Excel and e-mail applications.
· Prior material handling training in a manufacturing or similar environment.
Pay Rate: $13-$14 depends on experience
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am -5 pm
All positions require a minimum of 6 months of recent and relevant work experience.
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California. We offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing. Las year we filled more than 20,000.