We are looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team in the Automation Engineering Services department.
• This position will be responsible for production equipment development/construction, maintenance, and troubleshoot/repair of manufacturing automated test equipment. Be a mentor to less senior people in the department, helping them understand and get a better knowledge of their job duties assigned may include automated assembly and clean room equipment.
• Perform modifications to in-house test equipment and generate documentation, schematics and procedures using CAD and Word software.
• Requires Certification from a Technical School, or an AA degree from a two year college in Electronics or Military training in electronics or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 7 years related experience of repair and maintenance of micro processor base in-house build and purchased Test Equipment and Process Equipment used in the production environment for the electronics industry.
• Must be able to read schematics, blueprints and procedures to repair and calibrate equipment.
• Must possess strong problem solving skills, digital and analog skills, and the ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner down to component level.
• Must have experience utilizing measuring instruments, oscilloscopes, VOM, DMM, function generators, curve tracers, power supplies and specialized test apparatus, hand tools, such as, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, drill and pliers.
• Candidate must have CAD experience/knowledge
• Must have experience/knowledge with both Windows and DOS software environments
• Experience with software programs such as LabView is desirable
• Other functions may include prototype fabrication of test equipment, loads, cards, cables and fixtures for a one time use or test functions
• Must be able to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations
• Must be able to lift 25-50lbs and follow safety procedures
• Must be able to use hands/fingers to handle/feel, reach with hand/arms and able to sit, climb and stoop.
• Candidate must be U.S. Person
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California, we offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing.
Last year we filled more than 20,000 jobs!