WAREHOUSE PACKAGING LEAD
TEMP TO POSSIBLE HIRE
LOCATION: FOOTHILL RANCH, CA
- Warehouse packaging lead needed for one of the nation's premier manufacturers of locks,hardware and security products. Will report to the Manager of Production/Inventory/Quality Control.
- The Domestic Packaging Lead assists in directing the daily activities of the Domestic Packaging Associates using a "hands on" style of leadership with a high level of communication.
- The Domestic Packaging Lead will focus on reaching daily production goals required to meet and or exceed customer requirements while maintaining a safe work environment.
- While this position does not directly supervise any individuals, the incumbent is responsible for the productivity, quality and overall performance of the team and acts a liaison between direct supervisor and the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates production activity for assigned line(s), ensuring that product is continuously processed in accordance with work orders schedules.
Ensures the accurate utilization of employees based on the requirements of each order.
Maintains visual production boards and communicates with line employees the success of the line, and/or any deficiencies to identify root cause of issues, as well as solutions.
Manages the WMS system to close production orders, confirm product, look up, update inventory, etc.
Creates / reviews work instructions, documenting the structure of the line to complete work, to insure consistency of processes and results.
Provides training and feedback to line employees to ensure consistency of processing, pace, and functions.
Assist in training, motivating, and leading team through hands on instruction and team meetings.
Encourages line employees to participate in new process development, actively creating an environment of openness to share ideas that promote lean into line work flow.
Brings to the attention of manager any defects, missing pieces, and/or process issues.
Upholds a “lead by example” attitude at all times.
Perform tasks or other necessary assignments not related to listed responsibilities to meet the common objectives of the company.
- Bilingual ENGLISH/SPANISH
- 2-3 years’ experience in production and/or assembly in distribution center/manufacturing environment.
- Proficient using Internet and Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity with a WMS system, RF gun scanner and the scan gun operating system.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Excellent VERBAL COMMUNICATION and detail oriented
- Ability to read and interpret documents and spreadsheets, safety rules,
- operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before team members.
- BACKGROUND CHECK
Lead experience preferred.
Email resume in MS Word to: email@example.com