Pay: $16.00 to $18.00/DOE
Shift: 1st Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing Clerk
Experience: Min of 1 year experience in a stockroom manufacturing environment
Our client is a firmly established Aerospace Company. This Fortune 500 Company is located in Orange County.
The Manufacturing Clerk I will be responsible for the following:
Depending on the workload, can perform the duties of the Receiving, Shipping or Kitting and train coworkers on
his/her job (cross-training in the Department highly required).
- Manage Receiving Hold and Inspection with Purchasing and Customer Service
- Keep the receiving area clean and organized at all time
- Unload / Inspect incoming freight for damage
- Routes items to appropriate department for further inspection
- Report any damages, shortages or overages in shipments
- Responsible for maintaining records of each incoming shipment, including the type and date.
- Coordinate with Purchasing on purchase orders / Coordinate with Quality and Customer Support
Representatives on Customers LRU’s.
- Work with others in the department to ensure department’s efficiency.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision and typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Operates forklift or hand truck when applicable to remove or load onto freight truck.
- Ensure all parts or units are shipped out the same day to the proper location
- Check paperwork coming from Quality to ensure that it matches with the parts to be shipped out.
- Ensure proper packaging and handling for all parts and units.
- Assure proper shipping services per the customer requests.
- Be able to identify what is restricted or not for the Department of Transportation (DOT) and know how to ship
out hazardous materials in an appropriate manner.
- Schedule the shipment's pick up and arrange its transport to the loading platform
Qualifications for the Manufacturing Clerk:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience working in a stock room in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S.
- Experience and knowledge of an ERP system
- Experience in a manufacturing environment/logistics/stock room
- Familiar with computer basics.
- HazMat (Hazardous Materials) certification.
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Forklift experience (for big crates and pallets).
- Experience with SAP
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.