POSITION TITLE: Quality Technician
LOCATION: SCO-Monte Vista Location
In this position, the Jr. Quality Technician will analyze diverse quality problems, lead effort in providing sustainable solutions, train personnel in up- to- date quality techniques, quality validation of parts, products, and processes to ensure continuous quality improvement efforts are met.
Duties will include, leading the OBI (Out of Box Inspection) team. Perform detailed inspection and testing to validate and ensure product meets specification and customer’s expectations. The ability to diagnose product that does not meet specification, determine root cause, and provide timely solutions to manufacturing. Collect and analyze data from inspections, provide daily results to our MOC. Work closely with all levels of the organization in a positive and professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily:
- Manage day-to-day activities in the OBI area to encompass all parts, products and processes to improve quality. Involve affected departments, coordinate and report solutions.
- Ability to perform rework/repair while maintaining a high level of product quality. Set-up and implement quality conformance criteria and control charts and monitor for adherence to standards.
- Inspect parts or product as required for manufacturing procedures and processes; document and report results.
- Perform mechanical or electrical tests that are required in the manufacture of the apparatus to determine that quality is being maintained.
- Perform sampling and auditing as required to conform to quality procedures and requirements.
- Provide detailed and concise documented evidence of test results; including but not limited to photos, sketches, written summaries, tabulated tables, etc. Perform all tasks in accordance with GMP’s, ISO Guidelines, Jacuzzi safety policies, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, and customer focused
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English
- The successful candidate must be able to lead by example and obtain support from departments on an as needed basis.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings
- Demonstrated PC computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) with ability to learn other programs
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Attention to detail and adaptability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Jacuzzi’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Working knowledge of Quality System Audit experience and/or certification
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical and general shop skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively coordinate multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail and follow up
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment is essential
- Self-motivated, able to take and provide direction to a team and multitask
- May be required to travel our manufacturing facility in Mexico
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Forklift certified-Minimum 2 years of experience using inspection equipment and methods required
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year of technical experience preferably in a spa manufacturing facility.
- Minimum 1 year in a leadership role-Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company Sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of Excel (collecting and analyzing data, data entry)
Submit resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.