Plan, organize and direct manufacturing activities for specific areas of the plant to meetestablished plant objectives. Provide manufacturing process and team support. Offer direction, expertise and effort in specific manufacturing areas. Maintain focus on meeting business unit objectives in safety, quality, cost, delivery and moral. Serve as a teacher, coach and advisor to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development.
1. Facilitate and drive employee engagement activities. Encourage and support employee suggestions and recommendations relating to continuous improvement of the work environment & processes and the elimination of waste.
2. Execute all processes and procedures within the manufacturing areas assigned to ensure continuous improvement activities.
3. Lead and develop teams in each area. Enable team members to use tools such as effective meetings, consensus building, coaching, problem solving, audits and feedback to meet team and plant goals.
4. Coordinate and monitor training and development programs to ensure operator effectiveness, skill enhancement and flexibility within the work group and the plant. Ensure certification processes are followed and maintained.
5. Assume responsibility for all administrative facets of the area assigned, including personnel (discipline, attendance, etc.) and operations (operations reporting). Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
6. Participate in the hiring process for hourly and professional positions. Develop new leaders in plant hourly positions, such as operations technicians and engineering technicians.
Must possess the following key competencies (in no particular order):
About Kimco Staffing Services
With 30+ years of award-winning service in California, Kimco offers flexible employment options including temporary, contract and direct hire through our specialized practices: office professionals, accounting operations, technical support, and industrial staffing. Last year we filled more than 16,000 jobs.