1. Reports to the Shipping Manager
2. Maintains records for the shipping department
3. Maintains metrics for the shipping department
4. Reviews and audits invoices
5. Logs critical transactions
6. Interfaces with Customer Service
7. Maintains labor records and reports
8. Issues daily shipping reports as required
9. Document and report product returns
10. Document and track damage freight claims
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain detail documented filing related to the shipping functions.
2. Maintains records of cost-effective consolidating and loading, and schedules of company transportation moves.
3. Track traffic-related activities in support of customers, sales and customer service, including the daily plans are effectively dispatched and customer deliveries are made on schedule.
4. Interface with Customer Service to status resolution of issues and complaints and that they are quickly resolved.
5. Document and maintain key performance metrics with transportation suppliers based on agreed-upon targets.
6. Review and ensure freight damage claims are quickly resolved.
7. Maintain documentation related to inbound international freight in terms of logistics, US Customs, customs brokers, freight forwarders, delivery companies, etc.
8. Review all incoming and outgoing freight bills for accuracy before payment is made.
9. Maintain records for all product returns, and sign off on shortages, overages and detention.
10. Interface with Customer Service regarding tracking databases, re-consignments, processing claims, investigating incorrect shipments, coordinating customer “holds,” storage, and applicable billing.
11. Provide customer service information for order status, delivery information, expedited shipments and other transportation issues.
1. Strong hands-on and into-the-details involvement with all of the shipping operations.
2. Must work effectively in fast-moving environment.
3. Aggressive self-starter, results-oriented, solid communicator.
4. Cross-functional work style—comfortable building relationships across the organization.
5. Strong, clear, simple communication style.
6. Absolute personal integrity and credibility.
7. Passion for excellence in people, processes and products.
8. Must align with culture and values of customer first, service quality, speed, urgency and initiative-taking.
9. Team player, straight shooter, willing mentor.
10. The right energy; someone who moves with a strong sense of urgency, enthusiasm and commitment to excellence and the highest standards, which are consistent with the company’s culture and reputation
11. Superior oral and written communication skills with strong listening skills
12. A non-political team player that can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team.
13. Strong daily execution mentality.