Responsible for handling shipping documentation that deals with shipping and receiving. Works closely with the workers in the warehouse as well as the customer service personnel. Performs some administrative duties.
- Shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for preparing all shipping documents, including bills of lading and manifests.
- Shipping and receiving clerk is also responsible for determining the best route of shipment based on cost, estimated delivery time and destination.
- Primarily, the shipping and receiving clerk carries out correspondence with couriers, including shipment set-ups, delivery instructions and estimated delivery expectations.
- Responsible for obtaining tracking information such as POD and delivery status request as needed.
- They handle a multitude of duties, making sure IMO and ITA documents are properly done for International shipments, making sure orders are tracked and documents are filed properly.
- Requires extensive knowledge of adapted shipping techniques and procedures.
- A shipping clerk prepares all forwarding documents, inclusion bills of lading and manifests.
- Works closely with shipping and customer service departments.
- Tracks and follows up on all shipments as needed.
- Completes all required paperwork such as hazardous, NAFTA etc.
- Responsible for setting up all pickups and deliveries.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Must have experience with different shipping methods such as UPS World Ship, FedEX etc.
- Must be able to work idependently.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work OT as needed.
How to apply: Please submit your resume as a Word Document for consideration.
With Over 25 years of Award Winning Service in the California Market, Kimco has placed over 20,000 associates with employers in Southern California. It's this dedication and determination that makes Kimco Staffing Services your premier California employment connection!