· Produces quality eye-wear through: selecting lenses, marking, taping, blocking, generating, polishing, coating lenses, first (surface) inspecting, finish layout and blocking, edging, tinting, UV and anti-reflective coating, grooving, safety monogramming, mounting and final inspecting.
· Responsible for basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment using established maintenance procedures and calendars. Diagnoses and solves equipment issues.
· Performs multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and thoroughness despite time pressures and volume.
· Utilizes product knowledge to determine the best process for both routine and special orders to ensure the production of top quality eye-wear in accordance within delivery time.
· Attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations, equipment settings and defective product.
· Takes initiative to notice and follow up on discrepancies; suggests improvements, recommends solutions and does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Shows initiative in keeping the lab and stock room clean, organized and safe.
· Complies with all safety/regulatory requirements ensuring supplies are stored and used properly. Keeps management informed of potential safety opportunities (i.e. broken tiles, equipment, etc.).
· Demonstrates safe work practices including the wearing of personal protective equipment while in the lab.
· High School Graduate or equivalent
· Strong communicator and listener
· Strong basic math skills
· Organizational skills
· Problem solving skills
· Strong inter-personal skills (friendly, caring, great attitude and patient)
· Optical training and or previous experience in optical a plus
This is a possible temp to hire opportunity if you have good performance and attendance.
Schedule is Monday through Friday. Varies between 7-8:30 am Start to 4-5:30 pm end
Pay Rate : $11 per hour , upon hire with client increased to $11.50
Excellent benefit package, Medical and Dental paid in full for employee. Profit Sharing plan and vacation accrual, and yearly evaluations.
Please send your resume to Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-946-2616 to apply.
Kimco has been providing award-winning staffing services since 1986. With branch offices and on-site locations throughout California,
we offer flexible employment options through our specialized practices: office professionals, technical support, accounting operations, and industrial staffing.