Resources for Getting a Jump Start on your Career Search
Resources for Getting a Jump Start on your Career Search Emparking on a career search can be both exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Kimco can help make your career search easy and effective. Here are just a few tips to get a jump start on your career search:
- Write down a list of the types of jobs and the type of work environment or culture you think you might want to check out in your career search.
- Talk to three people every day about your career search (whatever stage it's in) and TAKE NOTES.
- Conduct informational interviews to learn more about your field, occupation, industry, or potential employer during your career search.
- Only apply to jobs that you are qualified for.
- Prepare a good resume that is detailed enough to give employers information necessary to assess you qualification, but it should also be concise.
- Prepare a two-minute commercial that describes your work experience, your major achievements, your education, and your strong capabilities.
- Do your research to learn something about the organization that you are interviewing with.
- Consider temporary/contract work to get your foot in the door; this will allow you to get an inside track on a company.
- Check our Career Connection section for resume and interview tips.
- Work with the #1 Career Search Resource in California – Kimco!
For more helpful tips and tools to jump start your career search and easily manage your relationship with Kimco, visit our Career Connection section.
Find the answers to our Career Searchers most frequently asked questions.
To search for great career opportunities available through Kimco's specialty divisions, click here.
To submit a brief profile and send a resume to introduce yourself, click here.